So people say that because we are talking behind a screen; be it a laptop, tablet or mobile that we are no longer social. The art of talking is replaced with whatsapp and tweets. I disagree and think that social media has made us all more sociable and we are able to socialise with more people and across the world too. Below is my list of why we are now more social:
- we are on our phones constantly and checking out Facebook and Twitter in order to be sociable.
- Seeing what friends are doing and commenting, because otherwise people are just too busy to call or see them.
- connect with people globally and follow them too. Friends traveling and on holiday (forget slide shows) we can now have live feeds.
- it's called social media, not lonely media (silly point)
- it enables people to reach out to people they would otherwise not be able to contact
Many good points above (I had a brain freeze when writing this). However, it is up to the individual to do what they want and socialise in a way that works for them. Embrace change, just don't be owned by it.