A good friend of mine from school and his wife set up their own business in Wedding Accessories last year and here, I interview Tailored Occasions about their new business and their motivations.
I remember them telling me about this idea a while ago at another friends wedding and they have been busy during the wedding season and provide great quality for all their customers. They have many happy customers, so read below more about their passions, their motivations and their goals.
BTW - if you are planning for a wedding get in touch with them at email@example.com
Coming from a business family background, and with my dad being a business man, the desire to start a business has always been there from a young age. I just had to first determine what I wanted to focus on.
What top advice would you give to someone planning their wedding?
My overall top tip would be to try and organise things as early as possible, and use help available to delegate tasks. Having things done in advance, will let you enjoy the run up to your big day, and appreciate what is about to come.
- Make lists - it will help you keep organised, with an added sense of satisfaction when tasks are completed
- Create a schedule - this ties in closely with the above, but it will make people aware about what is going on, and one less thing for the couple to worry about on the day
- Go with the flow - sometimes things might not work exactly as planned with the little details, but just remember that as long as the guests are having fun, then not to worry about what they haven't noticed.
- Make time to thank your guests - this will make your guests feel appreciated, and part of your day
When did this idea become a reality for you?
It was through planning our wedding I became conscious of how difficult it was acquiring everything I required from one place, tailored to my needs and theme. I ended up spending a vast amount of time (and money!) sourcing all the materials, accessories and decorations needed to create everything from invitations and stationery, to ring cushions and guest books, constantly feeling anxious about the outcome.
Recognising that not every bride and groom have the time, patience or perhaps inclination to do this, together with my husband, the idea of Tailored Occasions was created.
Timing was key, and once we researched the market, and believed we could actually commit to this, we launched Tailored Occasions.
Where do you see the company in five years time?
- An established favours and stationery company in the Asian wedding market
- Key suppliers for customers that would like to DIY invites, favours, accessories
Why do you think weddings are so important to people?
Weddings are the beginning of a new phase, the start of a marriage, a start of a new family, and the start of a lifelong commitment full of unconditional love and joy.
WHICH one wedding accessory is key to a successful day?
Jai thinks ALCOHOL lol :-) Rather than one specific accessory, I believe it is about happy guests. Knowing that your guests are having a great time gives you a great sense of relief and satisfaction
...as a foodie site, can I get your Top 5 restaurants please?
hmm top 5 - no particular order (yes i know i added a 6th) :)
The Fat Duck
L'Atelier De Joel Robuchon (covent garden)
L'Atelier De Joel Robuchon (Hong Kong)
Juliana's Pizza (Brooklyn)
Thank you Roshni for your help with this and best of luck with another busy wedding season ahead of you.
DON'T FORGET firstname.lastname@example.org