Every week it is an ordeal just getting ten players, but this week was looking forward to playing football. We changed the night to play on Monday as my next few Thursdays are busy and the ten who had agreed to come would insure we could have a good game. The teams were decided earlier in the day and although my team was slightly weaker I was confident we could pull off a result and we did. The only controversy was that Chris J scored the last goal and then said I need to go whilst running back- it was at this moment the other team thought they would attack. SO myself, Chris J and our goalkeeper had all stopped playing. So we won or at worst the game was drawn.
The game was very intense and went back and forth a lot. Near the end my team was down by three but we scored a few belters which shocked me and the other team. Chris J and Arkin both scored from our own half, surprising the other teams goalkeeper. Another reason for being extra happy was that Monir was very confident that his team would win and wanted to put a bet on, I refuse as every time I bet I lose- so I didn't want to jinx my team. Also I didn't have a jump off either- and I think that helped my performance too.
Sherwin's thoughts on the game were:
"Good game, intense throughout and close. I am in denial about the draw, thought we were ahead by more. People slipping and sliding last night which was funny. Chris fell over towards the end which made me laugh. Collum is a beast, good finishing and touch, however could do a bit more defending. Paul owned Shayan in the sense that everytime Shayan tried going round him, Paul said “YOU SHALL NOT PASS”.
Monir made a good save with his face – hahahaha. I was doing my sideways running to the max in the latter stages of the game, running round trying to lose my man. Also, no sliding tackling, although my slide tackle was awesome. So enough about me. POW"
My highlights were:
- Going round Atul and somehow scoring with my left foot- I honestly thought he would stop the shot
- Atul screening me (like in basketball) so that Collum could score
- Chris J shooting at any given moment (not really a highlight- but it worked at the end)
- Collums' skill to skip past two players and score (he thought it was enough to win- but it wasn't)
- Sherwin trying to do a Balotelli and be cheeky- missed and lost the game for the other team.
- Chris H fouling Monir and then us scoring from their advantage
Good game with good players- no one was outstanding but everyone was good.