Well you chose it and it took me about two months to cook. I've been busy getting married and all that 😜
Cutlery just means more cleaning anyway.
This dish is cooked with Beef or Horsemat usually. I went for Lamb.
It is quite a simple dish and what put me off initially was the thought of making my own noodles from scratch. I cheated and used lasagne sheets instead. So, this was Beshbarmak but cooked my way.
Here's how it went:
- Chop the meat into strips or chunks, season well and add garlic and marinade
- Put the marinaded meat into cold water
- Bring this to the boil, cover and simmer until the meat is tender (1-2 hours)
- Half an hour to go, put in onions (in rings) into the meat
- At this time also get the pasta sheets ready - this can be done by using some of the broth and covering the sheets with this.
- Once the pasta is ready, drain and place on a plate
- Cover this with the meat, onions and the broth
- And then garnish with coriander
DONE this is you cooking a national dish from Kyrgyzstan
The dish itself is quite tasty. The marinade with garlic is definitely needed and i seasoned the meat very generously. The cooking broth stops it from being dry and gives a nice stock like flavour to it all.
I enjoyed cooking this dish and the #shayansglobalcookign challenge is back up and running.
L is up Next and here are the options: