It seems to be taking me longer and longer to go to new restaurants. Barrafina opened on Adelaide Street in mid-late 2014 to great hype and excitement and the critics loved it. So after many months of waiting, my birthday was the perfect excuse and reason to go.
What i love about Tapas is the options. Veg, Fish, Meat, sweet, salty, savory, Crispy, Crunchy, Soft and delicate. It has everything you want and ideally when you do go, it should be as a pair. If you go with too many people, it begins to get crowded and the sharing element of Tapas becomes difficult.
The seating arrangement here is all on the bar and it gives it a lively night out feeling. Picture being out in the city, or even New York City and the bar staff are paying you lots of attention. What makes Barrafina even better is that you are sat opposite the chefs and cooks who are delivering quality food and great service. The bar staff are in front of you too and on hand straight away for drink orders and reciting the specials menu too.
I thought i would show all the pictures first and i won't waffle on too much.
Because the food was amazing. A more detailed description wouldn't add much else to how good it was.
- Crab croquettes- crispy and delectable. Melts in your mouth once you break through the golden casing.
- Mackerel Adobo- flaky with a great adobo batter (cayenne, cumin. garlic and chilli).
- Asapargus - cooked perfectly with a nice bite, the melted cheese is a great touch
- Iberian Pork Ribs- tender, meaty and amazing rich sauce with veg.
- Oyster- with chilli, lime and coriander. lightly battered with a ceviche style sauce
- Jamon -Oh so good. So so GOOD.