East is hip and happening with new food places popping up constantly, whilst the classics are moving to the area too.
I asked some experts in the field for help as i am still exploring the area.
So let's get straight to it.
- Hawksmoor Spitalfields: Is this fair? You will start seeing this restaurant in every feature. The steak is just that good. Don't forget their other dishes too; go for the mac and cheese as well as the ribs to start. Also go to the bar next door, amazing drinks, especially the butter infused old fashioned.
- Andina: Peruvian food by the crew from Ceviche. So good and so many different flavours. Steak Bistec is a good option as is their Ceviche.
- Gunpowder - went there last week and it was oh so good. Home style Indian food, mainly for the Calcutta region. A new type of Curry night. Go for it.
The three below are places i have not been yet, but definitely want to.
- Tramshed - A Hix restaurant and with a massive Cow and Chicken hovering above in the restaurant. A reason in itself to go. You like MEAT, then go here.
- Clove Club - probably oen of the Top 10 restaurants of 2015. A colleague went here last year and couldn't speak more highly of this place. Go for the set menu and the word is that you will be amazed and happy.
- Oklava - This Cypriot restaurant succeeds in refining and elevating the flavours of traiditon dishes - headed by renowned chef Selim Kiazim (words by the Foodie expert @FlatWhiteboy)