Continuing where Soho finishes, Fitzrovia and especially Charlotte Street provide a variety of restaurants and fast food joints for all lovers of food.
The definition of Fitzrovia is quite loose here, so I have spread out a bit, towards Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street, but sort of within the area.
Check out the 5 below.
- Gaucho: STEAK, a classic that has held on to its title as a destination for Steak. With competition from Hawksmoor and many more, Gaucho continues to be a popular choice for me and many others in London.
- Berners Tavern: Jason Atherton stand up. Maybe not his best restaurant, mainly because they are all so good, but Berners Tavern is high quality and in a great venue.
- ROKA: A classic for the hood. ROKA serves amazing Japanese food in a lovely restaurant. This was one of my first experiences to a Japanese restaurant with grilled food in the form of the Robotayaki
- Hakkasan: My fave or joint fave London restaurant. The black cod here is devine and one of the best dishes on the planet. A really intimate venue, the lightning creates a special ambience and is a venue that one has to visit
- Chiltern Firehouse: The go to restaurant for 2015. AND still a special place. Great food with rich flavours in most of the dishes. Think elegance and opulence.
These great places can hurt and empty your wallets, but for the most part, you get what you pay for.
Fitzrovia caters to the media with its fancy restaurants and bars. Good quality and a destination in town for all foodies., this really is the place to be.