Working in Covent Garden ensures that my pay cheque is divided into two, one half is on household bills and the other half, is spent on food. The foodie treats range from lunch time bites to fine dining in the evening with Laura.
I would like to think that I am an expert in Covent Garden cuisines and where to go and what to eat. However, this was a very difficult one to narrow down to 5.
Let me know if you agree or disagree.
- Barrafina - now with three restaurants in London and all within the West End. The food here is sublime, from jamon to octupus, pork belly and croquettes. Close to being the best Tapas in London.
- MEATmarket - from the MEAT wagon crew. A burger place of course. Two patties in each burger make this a winner. Knock yourself out with the Dead Hippie..
- Hawksmoor - serving one of the best steaks in town. Impressive venue and excellent service.
- LIMA - Welcome to London. This super fancy Peruvian restaurant delivers all the classics with ultimate class. Expensive but wash down those money worries with a Pisco sour.
- Opera Tavern - Another great Tapas place. Bold, rich flavours served with Spanish passion.
Other notable mentions must go to Homeslice (the biggest and best Pizza around), Flesh & Buns (by the Bone Daddies group) and Dishoom ( huge queues for great Indian food).