So now onto focusing on a new area of London: Angel/Islington.
The area that gives us the third longest escalator in Europe at 60m as well as having more restaurants than days of the year- narrowing this list to five will be difficult.
- Prawn on the Lawn - Fresh seafood in the heart of London. Ceviche, Crab, Mussels and Lobster. Rick Toogood and his wife Katie aim is to bring sustainable fresh seafood to Londoners and definitely succeed. A small restaurant so book early.
- Smokehouse - By Neil Rankin and the Noble Inns group gives you smoked meat from their speciality Egg cooker for our delight. From brisket to Pork and Lamb and an amazing shortrib bourguignon; the smokey delights are a must. Oh and they have over 80 beers on their list (20 on tap and 60 bottles). BOOM
- Ottolenghi - I have never had the pleasure of eating in, however the queue inside and out is indication of its quality. Getting there take away boxes full of vibrant salads with amazing flavours and ingredients mean you won't miss out. This is up there across London for good food.
- Akari - Japanese food in a pub. The venue can be deceiving but take a peek inside and look at the food and you will get quality. Black cod and great sushi, what more do you want. Located on Essex Road, Akari is a popular choice for the locals and i can see why.
- MEATliqourN1 - a burger joint for sure. One of the originals, the MEATliqour crew moved closer to me and are on Upper street, hence the N1. Great burgers, such as the Dead Hippie, a great Chicken burger and even a Halloumi burger go great with their amazing cocktails. WINNING.